Filling this Form you declare that you accept the following regulations unconditionally.
Proposals may refer to one or more finished and already debuted works. Works must be original. Subject, contents and themes of the proposals are free.
Proposals will be considered only if regarding Live Arts field (theater, dance, performance, and their cross-disciplinary declinations).
Altofest 2018 will take place in different areas of Naples, the program will run from 11:00 to midnight. The program is built through performances, as well as public talks coordinated by the OCr (Critique Observatory) and by meetings with international experts, who are invited to participate in Texture (a platform of debate on cultural strategies and practices). Artists, citizens and cultural experts are all invited to take part in these moments of common discussion.
Artists will work for a total of 10 days (including the artistic residency and the opening of the works to the audience)
Artists will live and work in the assigned spaces. So, they will live with the Space Donor or with a citizen who joins the Accommodation Network. The assignment of each space will be decided by the artistic direction, that will match the artistic work, the space donor and the space, according to one and only dramaturgy tracing the path of Altofest as a total play.
The creative processes will be observed and analyzed by the OCr (Critique Observatory) as well as the Artistic Direction, and documented through photos and videos. The collected materials will constitute Altofest’s archive and may be used for researching and promotional purposes.
All the interventions are free and booking compulsory.
Artists are warmly invited to attend all the works in program, as well as to take part in all the activities proposed by Altofest, as well as to leave a written trace of their own presence/experience.
The presence of the artist is required for the entire duration of Altofest, for a period of 10 days.
RESIDENCY JUNE 29 > JULY 3
The spaces of Altofest may vary according to nature, dimensions; they may be indoor or outdoor spaces. However all the spaces involved in Altofest belong to citizens who live there or take care for them.
During the period of residency, the artist will have to involve the space donor in the process of investigation and re-elaboration of the work, keeping the donor updated about the process of re-writing of the inhabited space. The artist will have to start a dialogue that may leave a short trace regarding the mutual experience. This trace will be then shared with the audience, during the short discussions that will happen after each performance with the OCr.
Artists are committed to question and re-qualify their works, taking into consideration the elements they will find at their disposal. For this purpose, Altofest will provide every artist with a web archive collecting pictures, planimetry, limits of intervention (decided by the Space Donor citizen), and all the information regarding the space hosting the performance.
Due to the domestic and private nature of the spaces, Altofest will not provide any technical support, except for the elements already existing in the assigned space.
If the artists will need further technical or scenographic elements, they will have to search for them and move them autonomously and at their own charge. However, the eventual technical interventions will be possible only in agreement with the owners of the space and with the artistic direction.
PROGRAM 4 > 8 luglio 2018
Artists will agree to perform their work at least 2 times, giving their availability to further repetitions, only and is in agreement with the “space donor” citizen.
Artists are warmly invited to attend all the programmed works, to take part in all the activities planned by Altofest, aways involving the citizens as well. Artists are also invited to be available for the dialogue with the OCr (Critique Panel), and to participate in the moments of debate and shared reflection with the international cultural experts, leaving a written trace of their own presence/experience.
The Festival does not provide any support that is not clearly stated in this document.
Altofest is an independent project, created by artists for other artists. Altofest exists thanks to the gift of TeatrInGestAzione’s members in terms of time, skills and money (according to their own possibilities); thanks to the citizens who donate care, spaces and accommodation; thanks to artists who share time and space of their work; thanks to volunteers; thanks to the participation of some ethical local realities; thanks to researchers, professionals, cultural experts, at national and international level, offering their skills and sharing their visions in dialogue with Altofest.
From 2017 to 2019, the editions of Altofest will be partially supported by Funder35/Fondazione con il Sud. The fund is destinated to the growth of the structure of the organization, therefore to the hiring of two persons in the the staff.
Altofest provides artists with:
- € 500 as lump sum for artistic residency. The amount is to be considered exclusively as a reimbursement of the expenses the Artist will face during the artistic residency, for the requalification process of the work. The payment has not to be considered or meant as a purchase of the work.
The payment will be made by the end of December 2018, via bank transfer, once received the receipt/invoice (under no circumstances the payment will be made cash);
- A daily meal voucher to be spent during one of the launches at Altofest’s “cucina sociale” (social kitchen). The voucher is valid only on 5-6-7-8 July 2018, at lunch time
- Free accommodation in one of the private domestic spaces belonging to “space donor” citizen, as well a member of the Accommodation Network constituted by citizens, friends and supporters;
- The care for the relations between artists and space donors and/or accommodation donors;
- The care of all the possible connections among all the artists and the international cultural experts. For this reason, artists will be requested to send a synthetic dossier (including bio, statement, works in distribution). The materials will be collected and sent to the experts that will participate in Altofest;
- The promotion of the work through internet, printed and press-related materials;
- The promotion of the activities of the artists, through social media, by the #PEOPLEofALTOFEST hashtag; along the current year.
- Altofest cares for linguistic accessibility. All the communication is bilingual (ITA-ENG).
Artists commit themselves to respecting the following conditions:
- Every artist will commit himself to be present for the whole duration of artists’ presence in Altofest; from June 28 to July 8th 2018;
- The Artist will commit him/herself to performing at least 2 times;
- The artist relieves Altofest from the payment of social security contributions, insurance contributions and royalties (as regarding the artist, as well as a third person);
- The artist commits to using materials without copyright or to pay copyright royalties in case of using copyright-protected materials.
Altofest reserves the right to change each one of the previous points of the regulation document, just in case something would change by the date of the signature of the contract.